Padres Opening Day 2021 is here!
There hasn’t been this much buzz in San Diego for baseball in decades.
The Friar Faithful are ready to cheer on the Padres this season, some in person, many at home, and hopefully, soon, at Cali BBQ in Spring Valley when we reopen in limited capacity.
— Padres de San Diego (@LosPadres) March 31, 2021
The Padres 2021 Opening Day Roster is:
- Right Handed Pitchers: Nabil Crismatt, Yu Darvish, Keone Kela, Mark Melancon, Joe Musgrove, Chris Paddack, Emilio Pagán, Craig Stammen, and Taylor Williams.
- Left Handed Pitchers: Tim Hill, Adrian Morejon, Drew Pomeranz, Blake Snell, and Ryan Weathers.
- Catchers: Luis Campusano, and Victor Caratini.
- Infielders: Jake Cronenworth, Eric Hosmer, Ha-Seong Kim, Manny Machado, and Fernando Tatis Jr.
- Outfielders: Wil Myers, Tommy Pham, and Jurickson Profar.
- Utility: Tucupita Marcano, and Jorge Mateo.
Padres Fever is Everywhere in San Diego
Padres 2021 fever is everywhere I go around town and it is so cool to see fans already decked out in Padres brown gear.
Petco Park will be electric all season long even with limited fans allowed inside at first. Me and my wife can’t wait to take our kids to enjoy some “Slam Diego” baseball.
Previously, Padres President and CEO Erik Greupner said capacity will start at 20 percent on the Padres Opening Day 2021 with the potential for allowing full capacity in Petco Park later.
— Petco Park (@PetcoPark) April 1, 2021
Of course when we’re able to attend a Padres game at Petco Park, we won’t forget to also enjoy some slow-smoked barbecue from our friends at Grand Ole BBQ who just opened up a spot at the ballpark.
Speaking of Openings… Cali BBQ is Reopening in Limited (But Exciting!) Capacity
Soon you’ll be able to Watch Baseball while Eating Barbecue at Cali BBQ when we welcome guests back to our original Spring Valley location.
Our hospitality team at Cali BBQ has been working around the clock to make improvements to the bar and patio so that we can welcome Padres fans and barbecue fans back inside our restaurant in a limited but exciting capacity.
Creating a safe place to enjoy some BBQ and baseball when you don’t have tickets to the game is out top priority right now.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get updates on Cali BBQ and much more.