Victor Lopez – El Pollo Grill – San Diego, CA
- Victor Lopez is the owner of El Pollo Grill a family-owned restaurant and catering company in the Lemon Grove and Bonita neighborhoods of San Diego, CA.
- Victor will be opening his next location on November 13, 2019 at the Otay Ranch Mall.
- Established in 1987 by Victor’s parents Rafael and Constanza Lopez, EPG is known for offering free “Spanos Suck” tacos each time the Los Angeles Chargers lose a game.
- Employees, staffing, turnover, and why more businesses are using part-time shifts to allow for more flexible staffing, and better coverage.
- Dealing with family issues in business such as adapting to new media, and other modern ways to advertise your brand.
- Social media recognition and how being authentic and genuine online has been a large factor in El Pollo Grill’s success.
El Pollo Grill
Website – https://elpollogrill.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ElPolloGrillBonita/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/elpollogrillbonita/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/spanostacodude
- The New York Times Article – In San Diego, a Quandary Over the (L.A.) Chargers
- The Athletic – How does San Diego feel about the Chargers’ success?
- Victor Lopez and Shawn Walchef place a friendly bet on the Chargers game – East County Eats
- Forbes Article – When The Chargers Get Crunched, Free Tacos Await Their (Former) Fans
- Behind The Smoke Blog – San Diego Chargers Community Steps Up To Support Small Business
- ESPN Article – Mexican restaurant in San Diego offering customers free tacos whenever Chargers lose
- Yelp San Diego, other agencies offer free food to federal workers affected by shutdown
Social Shout Out
Be sure to tag and interact with us on social for your chance to win a Behind The Smoke mug!
- “I started learning little things when I would go through drive-thrus; I’d see combos. So I started offering combos. I started to learn marketing tools of how to up-sell.” [5:50] – Victor Lopez
- “I’ve made lots of mistakes. Not because of anything malicious, but just mistakes. Every person makes mistakes… I’m 42 years old. I’m still learning.” [16:18] – Victor Lopez
- “In 10 – 15 years I don’t want to be the sole operator of El Pollo Grill. I wanna live with my wife and my family. That’s my whole goal. My father worked 24/7 every week for 20 years. I don’t wanna do that.” [57:41] – Victor Lopez
Get in Touch:
Shawn P. Walchef – @shawnpwalchef on Twitter
Derek Marso – @marsoderek on Twitter
Cory Wagner – @iamcorywagner on Twitter
Bryan Abou Chacra – @kinglordbryan on Twitter
Behind The Smoke Media
Website – http://www.behindthesmokemedia.com/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/behindthesmokepod/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/bbqwarstories/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/behindthesmokepod
Valley Farm Market
Website – https://valleyfarmmarkets.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/valleyfarmarket
Email – email@example.com
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/valleyfarmmarket/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/valleyfarmmarketSD/
Cali Comfort BBQ
Website – www.calicomfortbbq.com
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/calicomfortbbq/
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/calicomfort
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/calicomfortbbq/
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Shawn P. Walchef on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnpwalchef/
Logo & Music
Graphic Design Ricoy Creative
Music by Jet West Band
Get Involved & Stay Curious